Monday, August 22, 2011

The Ward Campout

We went to the ward camp out this weekend. It was in a beautiful spot just north of Strawberry. Tom and the kids love to camp, so it was nice to get-a-way for the weekend. It rained, which I thought was nice, and it was cold at night. We left 60 degree weather to come back to the dreaded 100 degrees. bleh.

 Look at these kids! They couldn't be happier! The just love to go camping. Seriously, the absolutely love it! That is our camping trailer in the back. We bought it a year ago, and it was the best purchase ever. I am all about camping if I don't have to sleep in a tent. It is a pop-up, so it is small to store and roomy to camp in.

Here are some pics of the kids having fun...

 It is so hard to get Tyson to look at the camera when I am taking a picture. He kept turning his head. He also won't hold still so I get a lot of pictures of him walking

 This log was the kids' favorite part! They kept asking to go play on the the log. The could play here for hours! We didn't want to stay for too long since it was far from the campsite and Tom and I are afraid of bears. (He brought his 9mm to protect us :0))
 I was trying to get a few cute shots. This is Maelee sniffing a flower
 This is me. I hardly ever have pictures of me. I try to make sure to at least get one pic of me. Seriously, this is the only one we took while we were there. I wish we had taken a more flattering pic. But, hey it's camping hair, right???
 Tom is all about camping wearing his cameo.
 Tyson's turn to smell the flowers.


 Tyson is so adorable! Tom put on his bandanna on Ty. He loves his only little boy. (Ignore the ASU shirt, since clearly Tom graduated from University of Phoenix and I am enrolled in NAU. It was a hand-me-down)
 The log

 It was so nice that there are so many small children in the ward for our kids to play with. We hardly had to entertain them. Tyson just loved being outside. He, like most boys, loves to get dirty. He loves exploring. He loves trying to act like a big kids with the big kids.

I love ward camp outs. They are always short and sweet. It is so much fun to camp with the ward members and get to know them better. It is also nice that it is only on night.

August 19-20, 2011

0 comments: